The following is a statement by the Ministry of Health.
“The Ministry of Health, Trinidad and Tobago, advises the population of one additional confirmed case (imported) of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The patient is a twenty-six (26) year old male.
Thus, in total, five persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in Trinidad and Tobago at this time.
Members of the public are strongly advised to adhere to the following personal health protection measures to safeguard themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
The Equal Opportunity Tribunal has made changes to its operations in response to workplace guidelines provided by the government in dealing with the novel coronavirus.
The following is a press release from the EOT:
As a result of the risks associated with the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic and responding to the workplace guidelines and pandemic provisions mandated by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the Equal Opportunity Tribunal has initiated its COVID-19 Response Strategy.
The Bankers Association of Trinidad and Tobago (BATT) says they have been monitoring the global and regional developments as they relate to the novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) and we will continue to do so with heightened awareness following the announcement of Trinidad & Tobago’s first COVID 19 case.
The Public Transport Service Corporation(PTSC) says it has taken steps to ensure the safety of their commuters and employees.
The Police Service says the search warrant for the raid on the Express’ offices on Wednesday was not obtained on the instructions of the acting Police Commissioner, National Security Minister Stuart Young said yesterday.
Scores of concerned people flocked to retail and wholesale outlets today to pick up critical cleaning supplies.
This occurred in light of more cases of Coronavirus and a death being recorded in the region.
As more customers arrived the lines grew longer and stretched down the aisles.
Businesses such as PriceMart, Massy Stores and Pennywise saw stocks flying off the shelves very quickly.
In the case of PriceMart, in particular, a limit of 3 units of certain items was implemented.
Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh says no cruise ships will be allowed to berth in either Trinidad or Tobago for the rest of the cruise ship season.
Speaking at a post-Cabinet media briefing on Thursday, Deyalsingh said the decision was taken as the Government steps up its efforts to stop or delay the coronavirus (COVID-19) from reaching T&T's shores.
Guyana's Chief Justice Roxane George has ruled that the Returning Officer for the country’s largest electoral district, District Four, breached the law in the adding up of Statements of Poll during last week's general elections and should return to the process, either afresh or from where they left off.